The day the lads and I went to look at horses, and feed them, and touch them.

This is my first post so I will first introduce myself, then I will explain the story of what the lads and I did, and who exactly the lads are. Ok so I am Jack. I am in a family of 4, my Mother, Dad, little Sister. I also have a dog. I live in a very small town. I would guess this town has a population of around 2000 people. But there are always too many tourists, so sometimes there are 10,000 people here. That’s it about me for this post, now I will talk about the horses.

So since this town is a very boring place to live in if you are a kid that can’t surf or skate, my mates and I are always looking for something new to do. Oh yeah since I said I would tell you who the lads are this is them. Really the lads are just whoever we are hanging out with that particular day. Last Sunday the lads were Devlin, Nate, Wally and Me. In this story the lads were: Jarod, Lachlan, Devlin and me.
We go through different stages of the stuff we do in town, like right now we have been swimming across the river and swimming in this shore break thingy. But around the time of this story we were riding our bikes around to places we had never been to. This particular day we decided to ride to the horse ranch which is just over 2 kilometers out of town. It didn’t take very long to get there, and time didn’t matter anyway because we basically had the entire day. We were wary to touch the horses at the start so we just looked at them. Eventually we did though and soon we were feeding them. Most of the horses tried to bite us, but we found a nice one that liked us. We all patted and fed him, it was in its own pen separated from the other ones so I think it liked our company. We stayed there a while and then we decided to leave the horse ranch and ride up the river. The ride along the river was okay I guess but we got bored after an hour or so of riding and decided to go back to town and get something to eat. On the way to the shops we caught up with one of our other friends (Luke). He came along with us to eat some chips. I went home, Lachlan went home, Luke went home and Devlin went home. We all went home.

This is my friend Devlin looking at the nice horse.

When have since been to the horse ranch recently and said hello to that nice horse. Even though it probably already has a name we named him. But I forgot the name that we called it, so yeah. I think it was something like Jeff or Bob or something like that.

Anyway that’s the story of us riding our bikes to look at horses. Thanks for reading, see you later.

2 thoughts on “The day the lads and I went to look at horses, and feed them, and touch them.”

1. Nice story Jack. I like the easy style you use when you write.
    I think I can safely say that a horse’s pen is called a stable 😄.
    I look forward to reading more of your stories.