Pizza

I work at the Pizza shop every weekend on school weeks and every day on the holidays. I have worked there for probably over a year now. It’s a great job, especially now that Devlin works with me because I don’t have to do as many dishes. Dylan also works with us.

Most nights all I do is make pizzas, so that pretty much just involves, well making a pizza. I put the sauce on, whatever toppings that particular pizza needs, then this special shaker stuff, then cheese. The only thing I don’t do is make the dough. My boss makes all the pizza bases the morning before. One of the things that separates Kalbarri Pizza and Pasta from Dominoes or Eagle Boys is that all the bases are made from scratch. I think this is a major selling point of the business.

It doesn’t get extremely busy while school is on but during the holidays we are flat out. Sometimes I make over a hundred pizzas. Well not just me of course, Devlin, Dylan and some of the other people I work with make pizzas when it gets this busy. Even though we make so many pizzas some of these nights, I have never worked later than 10:00.

At the end of the night, once I’ve finished my work, I am allowed to make myself a pizza. I don’t get a pizza every night, even though I am allowed to. We always invent new pizzas, one time we put fettuccine pasta on a pizza base. Every time I make my own pizza I put different ingredients on. I have never made a normal pizza like a meat lovers or anything like that.

Sometimes, once I finish work, I walk back to Devlin’s house and sleep at his. It’s great to work with my friends because we all take our job seriously but I also enjoy my job.

One thought on “Pizza”